Deskside Support Engineer - Beech Grove, IN
Our client is seeking candidates for the following position:
Schedule: 8:30am- 5:00pm with 30 Mins lunch, Monday through Friday.
The Deskside Support Technician performs tasks related to the repair of a variety of technology-based products typically associated in an end-user computing environment. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, respond to end-user tickets in a timely manner and be able to go to 2 different client locations when dispatched (vehicle required).
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a business environment performing client-facing deskside support activities.
- Perform highly complex Deskside services to include install, move, add, changes, build, configuration, and software support on client personal computer, plus customer assistance with problem source identification and problem resolution at the customers desktop or laptop. Can work as technical focal for site or shift. Includes consultation with support groups, such as LAN, Admin, Networking, etc.
- Subject matter expert for Microsoft or Apple Operating Systems and Office Suite including common commercial of the shelf software applications as well as working with our global teams on company-wide / enterprise problems.
- Identify and remediate potential SLA misses to account management team. Take responsibility for Quality Management by participation in root cause analysis.
- Has experience performing technical coordination for deskside critical situations until resolved (i.e. has performed critical situation response).
- Demonstrated leadership and oversight for other technicians to ensure adherence to IBM processes and work instructions.
- Perform root cause analysis and implement preventive procedures.
- Ability to complete complex assignments by leveraging available resources.
- Technical skills and business acumen that can be used to provide dedicated VIP support or support to senior executives.
- Provide highly complex IMAC and incident support using remote takeover tools.
- Demonstrated success at negotiating among an array of parties including those from IBM, vendors of HW, SW, network carriers and the customer at both the end user and executive levels to resolve complex and/or relatively obscure problems.
Job Status: Full Time