Technical Support Specialist - Tier 2
The Technical Support Specialist – Tier 2 will provide professional level technical support to end users in a Desktop, Server and Infrastructure Environment. The ideal candidate must possess strong analytical and strategic thinking, as well as planning, organizing and problem solving skills; a high degree of technical expertise, sound professional and technical judgment, and a commitment to exceptional customer service and teamwork. Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills along with sound business acumen that includes a focus on quality, cost containment, project planning and follow-through are of absolute necessity.
Personal and professional attributes must include high ethical and professional standards, honesty, integrity, self-motivation, adaptability and dependability.
Professional Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide world-class level 2 -3 desktop support - both client-side and remotely via phone and remote desktop access
- Identify and correct faults and provide resolution of complex problem tickets
- Perform PC and network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common hardware and / or software related issues
- Upgrade PC and network hardware and software components as required
- Network Infrastructure support (layer 2 and layer 3) and product administration / maintenance as required
- Maintain a library of associated materials for all equipment, processes, and procedures supported by the company
- Perform network analysis and capacity planning and testing for client organizations’ IT environments
- Assist in the creation of processes and procedures for client network operations
- Contribute to the development and administration of network backup plans for clients to maintain LAN/WAN network systems operation
- Contribute to the development and administration of clients’ network disaster recovery plans
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of multiple projects
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Quality assurance
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Project evaluations and assessment of results
- Excellent Verbal and Written Skills are paramount, as this is a customer centric position
- Technical Problem Solving, Project Management, Teamwork, Dependability, Initiative and Professionalism are of utmost importance.
- Extensive Knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 is required.
- Extensive Knowledge of Windows Server 2008R2 and Windows Server 2012R2 is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 is required.
- Solid networking and system administration - Understanding of network switches, routers, and firewalls is required.
- Use of MSP Network Monitoring Tools / Help Desk Systems a plus but not necessary.
- Server / Network / Desktop Virtualization with Microsoft Hyper-V v3 and / or VMWare experience a plus.
- Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Pay: $50,000 to $65,000/year
$50000 to $65000 Per Year
Job Status: Full Time